Disclosure: I am obsessed with stationary. I love Moleskines, Filofaxes, Staedtler and Pilot pens. I am fascinated with washi tapes, journals, diaries, sticky notes and shaped paper clips. I thought it would be fun to share this interest in a for on a regular blog feature. Every Tuesday I will post an entry, video, links, images or pictures with some fun and interesting things related to Stationary.
Let’s start with this amazing video I came across on YouTube – “2016 Japanese Stationery Wonderland In Tokyo Japan” – I envy host, Lisa Wallin, who got to visit so many amazing Japanese Stationary stores, try their products and create her own.
My personal favorites:
– creating, mixing your own color of fountain pen ink.
– the view of rows and rows of Washi tape (see video snippet at 4:51 – 4:55)
– staple free stapler. handy with kids!
– Morning Stationary Club is something I would attend and have fun if there was one in our area
– a highlighter that will “black-out” words when you snap it with your phone and a special app. Great idea for studying on the go. No need to carry index cards with you
– and a wrist paper band that you can use to write anything you want?! (video at 21:26). How may times would you write on your hand a reminder? Now you can use a wristband that is durable and the ink will not smudge! Brilliant idea!
It’s so interesting to me that so much fun and new stationary come out of Japan, and fascinating (at least my impression gathered from the internet) – there are many more stationary stores, people loving stationary, developing new products, coming up with new ideas – in Japan, than other countries.